Thursday, June 17, 2010

Round 2, Cycle 1 Completed!

Round 2…
Yesterday went well, my blood count was up so I was able t finish my first full cycle of chemo! One full cycle down, and five more cycles to go. The past couple of weeks have been going well for me, as my energy has been pretty good except for a few days here and there were I feel pretty tired. I have been taking it pretty easy lately and just have been taking care of myself so I can stay on schedule as much as possible.

This past weekend was nice and relaxing. We were able to take advantage of the nice weather on Saturday and went out on the boat. I felt fine the whole time and even enjoyed some O’Doul’s. I hope the weather will finally break soon so we can get some more time out on the boat.

My hair started falling out a couple days ago, so instead of it slowly falling out, Rachel took the clippers to my head. She did a pretty good job except for the fact that she didn’t realize that the #1 blade protector had fallen off and continued to shave my head with no blade cover. She had to shave my head again because of the length difference. It really wasn’t a big deal because I will be bald soon anyways. It is definitely weird having a shaved head, but it is super easy to get ready in the morning, not like it was hard before.

It is so hard to explain how your body feels once the chemo has been administered. It doesn’t feel like any illness I have ever had, but my stomach feels weird and my body plays tricks on me. If I am stationary for a while, I feel fine. But if I move around, sometimes I get a little loopy. I have had hiccups three times since I got home yesterday from treatment. I slept most of the afternoon yesterday, and I slept in pretty late this morning. I think a good way to explain how my body feels is that I feel like I have extra weight pushing down on me, hopefully that makes sense.

I have never been a huge soccer fan, but I am enjoying watching the World Cup, it is nice having live sports on the TV in the morning! That and On Demand have been helping me relax lately, and I am super pumped that Whale Wars is back for another season. If I had the chance I would love to go on a six month expedition on the Sea Shepherd. If you have not seen the show, check it out on Animal Planet.

I am still continuing to work, and work is going well. At the same time, if you know of anyone looking to purchase or sell a home, please let me know. I am always looking for new business, and any referral is much appreciated.

Please feel free to ask my questions about my cancer, treatment or anything else. I try to respond to everyone and if I have not, I apologize about that. I hope to have a more humorous post in the near future, today I am just feeling a bit tired. I hope all is well with everyone, and it will be nice to see some of you this weekend at Brock’s Softball game.


No comments:

Post a Comment